Apply to be Part of the Design Team for the 2018 Miami Showhouse
The Junior League of Miami is pleased to announce that portfolio submissions for the biennial Junior League of Miami Showhouse are now open to all designers wishing to submit for the prestigious fundraiser.
The Miami Showhouse will take place April 14-29, 2018, at the famed Deering Estate located along the edge of Biscayne Bay in Miami, Fla. The 444-acre estate is an environmental, archaeological and historical preserve and the former Florida home of Chicago industrialist Charles Deering. The Deering Estate celebrates 30 years of being on the National Register of Historic Places and its original three buildings were constructed in 1900.
The Miami Showhouse venue is comprised of more than 25 designable spaces in 3 adjacent buildings surrounded by magnificent outdoor green spaces connected by a courtyard canopied by native trees.
Designers will be responsible for all work done in the designated spaces, and if requested, the neutralization of that space following the run-of-show. Junior League of Miami and Deering Estate staff will work diligently with designers to assist in their efforts; however, as this is a fundraiser for Junior League of Miami, with all proceeds going directly to community initiatives focused on empowering women, children and families at risk, all expenses related to design, installation, and if needed, restoration of the space to its original state, are the sole responsibility of each designer.
Rooms must be completed NO LATER THAN the evening of Friday, March 30, 2018. Participation in this event will provide the opportunity to demonstrate your design aesthetic to an estimated 5,000-7,000 attendees. Designer participation includes, but is not limited to, the following marketing opportunities:
- media exposure facilitated by the Miami Showhouse PR Committee
- a designer profile on the Miami Showhouse website, miamishowhouse.org
- inclusion in social media outreach on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn from JLM
- collective Miami Showhouse promotion on the Deering Estate Facebook page
- a full page color bio in the commemorative Miami Showhouse program book, provided complimentary to all guests of the Miami Showhouse
- tickets to the Miami Showhouse during the run-of-show (number tbd)
- tickets to the exclusive kickoff VIP party opening event on the evening of April 14, 2018, at which attendees will be sponsors, vendors, designers, community leaders, and prospective clients
TO APPLY, PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING
In keeping with the tradition of the Miami Showhouse, designers will be selected by a panel made up of design professionals and Junior League of Miami Volunteers. Designers are asked to submit in digital form the following four documents.
- A single PDF of 6-12 images representative of your work.
- A single page bio with complete contact information.
- A single page listing all relevant social media handles.
- Any previous Showhouse participation including city and state.
KINDLY EMAIL THESE FOUR REQUESTED DOCUMENTS TO email@example.com no later than Friday, October 27, 2017. Designers will be notified thereafter of the room lottery process and other relevant details for their consideration.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT Lisette Gonzalez or Ayleen Wolfe, Miami Showhouse Designer Committee Co-Chairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.